As a newly assigned soldier to our command, you will soon become a member of a proud and productive organization. We are eager to make you one of our family.
By this time you should have already been assigned to a recruiting company and a recruiting station (or the battalion headquarters). We have six companies and various stations in three states, West Virginia, Virginia and Maryland. Those six company headquarters are located at:
- Blacksburg, Virginia (1o1)
- Lynchburg, Virginia (1o4)
- Richmond, Virginia (1o5)
- Fairmont, West Virginia (1o6)
- James River (Hampton), Virginia (1o8)
- Norfolk, Virginia (1o9)
We also have a Forward TOC in Richmond, so if you are assigned to the Richmond, James River or Norfolk companies, you will probably report to the TOC rather than the RB for inprocessing. It is very important that you contact your sponsor or station commander, as well as your new 1SG, so you can have information sent to you about your new home that is not covered on our web page. Your sponsor has been identified at the RB HQ, so if you have not received any information yet, it is important that you call us and we will get you all the phone numbers, addresses, or whatever else you need.
S1 conducts in-processing on Monday mornings. If you are coming in on any other day, coordinate with your station commander or your sponsor to make sure we know you are going to be here and that you have the directions on how to find the RB (or TOC).
Yes! -- You must report to the RB (or TOC) in person to sign in.
When you arrive, report to S1 to begin the in-processing process. Please try to be here not later than 0830, as it takes the whole day to complete your in-processing and in-briefings. Also, it is vital that you bring your 201 file, which includes DA 2A and 2-1.
You must bring the following items with you at the time you in process:
- PCS orders and any amendments to these orders
- Original DA 31 (leave form)
- Finance packet to include advance travel receipts (manila folder)
- DD 1561 Request for Family Separation Allowance
- MOS orders (provided by the Army Recruiter School)
- Army Recruiter Course (ARC) graduation certificate
- Vehicle registration (if you have two vehicles)
- Information necessary to update DD 93 and SGLI
- Military 201 file: 2A, 2-1, promotion packet (if applicable)
- Last NCOER
- Military ID card (CAC)
- Civilian and military drivers license
- Reenlistment card
- Quarters termination sheet if you lived in government quarters
- OIF's if you have reintegration certification please bring with you
- MEDPROS Update
It is extremely important you have all the above required documents at the time of your in-processing. This is a large geographic area battalion. You may have a long drive back to your pinpoint assignment if you forget any of these documents. In-processing must be completed on the day you arrive at the battalion/TOC.
Many of you that have assignment orders to come here may have already spoken with us. The CSM and the Human Resources Assistants are the ones who will make your company and station assignment.
If you have any questions about where you are going or need any other information, please do not hesitate to call us. We will do everything in our power to get you what you need and what you want.
Your RB points of contact while you are in your transition phase will be S-1, your new station commander, and you new 1SG or the CSM.
Once again, welcome to the US Army Recruiting Battalion Beckley.