All Soldiers need to report to Army Recruiting Battalion Headquarters for in-processing. Battalion headquarters is located at 9152 Kent Ave, Indianapolis, IN 46216.
Driving directions to the Battalion:
From all points, head to Indianapolis and take I-465 to the north side. Take the 56th St exit and turn east. Follow 56th St past the large building on your right to Post Rd. Turn left on Post Rd and follow until it dead ends at 59th St. Turn right and look for the building on your right. Contact S-1 with any issues getting to the building at 317-549-1923.
You must bring the following items with you at the time you in process:
- PCS orders and any amendments to these orders
- Original DA 31 (leave form)
- Finance packet to include advance travel receipts (manila folder)
- DD 1561 Request for Family Separation Allowance
- MOS orders (provided by the Army Recruiter School)
- Army Recruiter Course (ARC) graduation certificate
- Vehicle registration (if you have two vehicles)
- Information necessary to update DD 93 and SGLI
- Military 201 file: 2A, 2-1, promotion packet (if applicable)
- Last NCOER
- Military ID card
- Civilian and military drivers license
- Reenlistment card
- Quarters termination sheet if you lived in government quarters
- OIF's if you have reintegration certification please bring with you
- MEDPROS Update
It is extremely important you have all the above required documents at the time of your in-processing. This is a large battalion. You may have a long drive back to your pinpoint assignment if you forget any of these documents. In-processing must be completed on the day you arrive at the battalion.