Welcome to the United States Army 3rd Recruiting Brigade
The US Army 3rd Recruiting Brigade recruits with integrity the highest quality men and women to meet the needs of an expeditionary Army, while taking exceptional care of Soldiers, Civilians and Families.
Marauder Pride: To maintain the most highly trained, winning, and unified team that recruits with integrity, treats others with dignity and respect, while accomplishing the mission. We are a family and a team. Everyone plays a critical role towards our mission. Trust one another.
Successful units excel in the areas noted below. Therefore, we will focus on these areas to ensure that this brigade achieves our vision.
M. Make time for family, yourself and your friends. They will be here long after the military so do not ignore them.
A. Accomplish All Assigned Missions: We will accomplish the assigned mission with integrity while taking care of Soldiers and their families.
R. Reinforce Teamwork: Each of us is part of something bigger than ourselves. Success requires us to work together to accomplish our mission. We must work cooperatively in order to be successful. Compete against the standards, not each other. Cross talk & build the team.
A. Acquire a sense of passion and Unit identity: Every recruiter and civilian in the brigade should be extremely proud of the organization to which they belong. Focus on creating a strong sense of esprit de corps centered on the brigade.
U. Understand your Soldiers and their families: With a capital ‘C’: Soldiers perform better when they know that their leaders CARE about them and their family members – that means truly caring and not merely paying lip service to the term.
D. Discipline and Standards: Do the right thing always, especially when no one is looking. This applies to physical fitness, military appearance, and professionalism.
E. Evaluations and Awards. Processing accuracy and timeliness is a priority in this brigade. Soldiers volunteered to be part of something special – they all earn the right to be recognized prior to a PCS or for outstanding performance. Deliver that feeling.
R. Respect: This is built by trust and is earned over time. Empower our junior leaders. If we do, we increase the strength of the brigade and create confident and competent soldiers and leaders. It is our job as stewards of the profession to counsel subordinates and provide professional development.
S. Safety: Great units perform at all times in a safe and efficient manner, not just in preparation for an inspection or a major event. Demanding and sustaining a high level of safety and performance at all times will keep the brigade Army Strong.
- Focus on your FAMILY---Take care of your family, yourself and treat others as you wish to be treated.
- Focus on the MISSION. We have been given a mission and I expect you to accomplish it.
- Focus on your FAITH. Whatever your faith may be, make sure you take time to worship. I am not pushing religion, but I do think it is important to take the time you need, if you think worship is important.
- Focus on having FUN. At the end of each and every day, ensure you are enjoying what you are doing. The impact you are making is bigger than yourself and the Army does appreciate what you do for our Army. Do not forget that.
- Stay positive – optimism is contagious- cynicism can be crippling. It’s all about attitude.
- Finally, TRUST is a BIG ROCK for me. I will automatically trust that you are honest and loyal to our BRIGADE and the PROFESSION. Ethical, Moral, Legal, or Integrity violations are non-negotiable – you must hold yourself and your subordinates to the absolute highest standards. Do not lose our TRUST.
CSM and I are extremely proud to lead the 3rd Marauder Brigade---the mighty THIRD HERD, and look forward to serving with you.
ATTN: (Office & Name)
United States Army
HQ, 3rd Recruiting Brigade
1307 3rd Avenue
Fort Knox, KY 40121-2725
Please forward any questions or comments to
3rd Recruiting Brigade Webmaster
If you are interested in joining the Army, call 1-800-USA-ARMY,
ext. 181 or visit www.goarmy.com.
If you are interested in the Army Reserve, call 1-800-USA-ARMY,
ext. 182 or visit www.goarmyreserve.com