Temporary Lodging Expense (TLE) reimbursement can be claimed for up to 10 days, however your lodging must be prior to signing out on leave at your current duty station or in the area of your new duty station. Any lodging expenses while traveling enroute is already included in your travel pay. Please contact the Battalion S-1 with any additional questions about temporary lodging, 713-588-4008.
Please call our S-1 staff at 713-588-4049 with questions regarding inprocessing. Inprocessing is always at 9:00 a.m.; report to the Battalion WITH YOUR SPONSOR. Park in the all-day parking lot located across the street from the Battalion (Mickey Leland Federal Building) on Pierce Street, as you won't have time during inprocessing to feed a parking meter.
- Call your Station Commander at your assigned station; also give your company 1SG a courtesy call. If you have not received your assignment call BN S1 at 713-588-4011 for your assignment.
- In-processing is conducted each day beginning at 0900 at the Battalion HQs. Uniform is ACUs. Park in the all day parking, DO NOT use metered parking.
- Bring required documents, as listed below, with you.
- Record update/validation will be completed after completion of your PTDY. If you have documents that need to be uploaded to your “Official” file (iPERMS), please bring them with you for inprocessing.
Make sure to carry the following:
- DA 31
- Orders: Amendments if applicable
- Temporary Lodging Expenses (TLE): Hotel/Motel/Lodging Receipts.
- DITY (partial/full): Entire packet given by the transportation office: Checklist, DD 1351-2, DD 2278, Weight receipts (EMPTY AND FULL for all vehicles used, to include rentals), Also the receipt for payment to the facility to weigh the vehicle, Registration for any privately owned vehicles (POV), Rental equipment contracts showing payment (i.e. U-Haul receipt/contract for the vehicle and associated items like hand trucks), ALL gas receipts (originals).
- Dependant Travel - if traveling separate from sponsor: If travel was paid at own expense, sponsor must provide a receipt & itinerary for the travel.
- If Family SEP hasn't been settled for the ARC, it may be settled here but must have 1610 or DTS orders, DD 1351-2 and the PAID travel voucher
- DD 93 and SGLI: Have beneficiaries addresses and contact information (i.e. phone number)
- ERB (Bring Copy of your ERB, especially important for AGR Soldiers). Supporting Docs: Awards, Schools (i.e. 1059 or certificate), Army Recruiter Course Certificate (diploma), PMOS Orders, NCOER/OER.
- Bring a copy of your Marriage License and Birth Certificates for each child listed as dependents.
- If you were in Government Leased Housing, we will need a copy of your move-out inspection or memo that reflects your termination date. This is needed in order to “Start” your BAH for your current duty location.
- If you shipped a vehicle from OCONUS, we will need a copy of all documents provided.
What to do if you get married Enroute?
If you get married before you PCS, you must inform your commander/S1 and follow the procedures exactly as you are given them. The military will not pay for travel and housing of your spouse if you do not follow proper procedures.
For In-Processing, we ask the soldier to bring:
- Current driver license
- DD Form 348 (Operator Qualification Record) from previous unit
It is extremely important you have all the above required documents at the time of your in-processing. This is a large battalion. You may have a long drive back to your pinpoint assignment if you forget any of these documents. In-processing must be completed on the day you arrive at the battalion.