Applications will be submitted by memorandum through command channels at posts, camps, or stations (You should FEDEX the complete application yourself after the PSB signs off on the MILPO Statement - see example documents). All documentation must be current within the 12 months prior to the application deadline.
Do not staple or bind application documents. Do not place in binders or cover sheets. Place all documents in sequence and place in a 2 pocket folder.
**CLICK THIS LINK TO VIEW THE IPAP OVERVIEW BRIEFING**
MAIL ALL PACKETS TO:
1307 Third Ave
Fort Knox, KY 40121-2725
* If you are interested in applying for a National Guard IPAP seat, please contact an AMEDD recruiter of your respective State National Guard office for more information. Other Branches of the service should apply through their own service for the IPAP Program.
*Requirement Completion Course (RCC) will not be available until further notice. See MILPER message for guidance.
1. Minimum 60 Semester Hours (SH) of college course work.
- 30 SH can be any classes or credit for military training (ex. JST transcripts)
- The following 30 SH must be in residence: (with an accredited institution classroom or internet (online) course with letter grade of C or better. (C- or lower will not count)
You MAY NOT use MOS,CLEP (except English), DANTES to satisfy these requirements)
- 6 hours of English (3 SH writing/composition) CLEP is authorized.
- 6 hours of humanities (government, history, foreign language, art, social science and religion)
- 3 hours of Psychology (any type)
- 6 hours of Chemistry (general or higher) Intro to Chemistry will not count. Must be within 8 years of starting school, preferred within 5 years (NLT Fall 2010 for FY17 application) and lab is not required but highly recommended.
- 3 hours of Human Anatomy (can be a combined A&P class) Must be within 8 years of starting school, preferred within 5 years (NLT Fall 2010 for FY17 application) and lab is not required but highly recommended.
- 3 hours of Human Physiology (can be a combined A&P class) Must be within 8 years of starting school, preferred within 5 years (NLT Fall 2010 for FY17 application) and lab is not required but highly recommended.
- 3 hours of College Algebra or higher math
- Medical Terminology course within 5 years (NLT Fall 2013 for FY17 application)
- SAT required within 5 years of application with a minimum score of 450 in reading and math. A cumulative score of 1000 is required in the reading and math sections .
- A minimum GPA of 2.85 is required in all sciences with and minimum cumulative GPA of 2.65.
- A minimum of 80 hours of Shadowing required with a Physician Assistant (annotated on USAREC Form 601-37.11)
If you have questions regarding the pre-requisite classes, email: email@example.com and they will provide clarification.
Required Documents for IPAP packet (to USAREC) – NLT 1 MAR (of each FY)
- DA Photo
- DA Form 705 (PT Scorecard - last 3 scores with most recent after 1 Oct)
- OPAT score
- DA 5500 or 5501 if body fat measurement required
- Letter of Intent
- 3- Letters of Recommendation (First line supervisor, Commander, Army PA)
- 80 shadowing hours with PA must be documented on USAREC FORM 601-37.11 in the comment/remark section
- Letter of recommendation from Commander must include their email address
DA 61 (application for appointment)
- DA 71 (Oath of Office)
- Military Career paperwork (NCOER’s/OER’s/ORB/ERB/DA 1059/Awards/Training Certificates/DD 214/NGB/Security clearance/MILPO statement)
- If applicant does not have an NCOER, a letter from their 1SG regarding character and performance will be needed.
DD 2807-1 & DD 2808 (include original copies of Urine drug and alcohol (ETOH) blood testing, HIV, urinalysis, CBC, HCG (for females), as well as Audiogram)
- DD 2808 needs final signature from an MD or DO
- Waivers if needed (Age, Age in Grade, Time in Service, Conviction, Medical, and Profile Waivers (P2 only) - see examples below
- GT Scores
- OFFICIAL Scholastic Aptitude Test results (SAT’s)
- Academic Delay memo (if needed)
- USAREC FORM 601-37.44 (Academic Worksheet)
- Curriculum Vitea (CV)
DA 160 (desired class priority preference dates of JAN/APR/AUG)
DA 1058 (Reserves)
DA 4651 (Reserves)
DA 4187 (RA conditional release) signed by BN CDR and Branch Chief/Manager - MUST BE INCLUDED
DD 368 (Reserve conditional release)
- Tattoo wearers need to ensure your commanders perform a military grooming standards evaluation IAW AR670-1
- Tattoo wearers need a Self identification memo (tattoo wearers)- ensure your commanders perform the military grooming standards evaluation IAW AR670-1
- All OFFICIAL Transcripts (send OFFICIAL Transcripts to USAREC and Liason)
When the application packet is complete forward to:
Commander, USAREC, (RCHS-SVD-PA)
1307 Third Avenue, Fort Knox, KY 40121-2725
APPLICANTS MUST COMPLETE THE ONLINE IPAP REGISTRATION THROUGH UNICAS, AT IPAP.LIAISONCAS.COM.
ONLINE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE OPEN FROM 15 OCT 16 THROUGH 1 MAR 2017.
SEND TRANSCRIPTS TO:
Liaison-IPAP Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9140
Watertown, MA 02471
THE ONLINE REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY FOR ALL INTERESTED APPLICANTS.
THIS IS A SEPARATE REQUIREMENT TO THE MAIN APPLICATION THAT IS TO BE SUBMITTED TO USAREC.
DO NOT SUBMIT AN INCOMPLETE PACKET!!
RESERVE Specific Documents
Army National Guard POC:
All interested National Guard applicants should contact an AMEDD recruiter for their respective State.
If you need the contact information for your State AMEDD recruiter contact:
CPT Bobbi M. Blakley
AMEDD Accessions OIC
111 S. George Mason Drive
Arlington, VA 22204
Example Conditional Release (DD 4187) For Regular Army Applicants New!