SQUAD DESIGNATED MARKSMAN
TRAIN THE TRAINER FY06
(change 9, 28 Sep)
1. Here are the dates for FY06 SDM trainers at Ft Benning GA:
SDM 1-06: OCT 17-21 2005
(Full class, no more seats, 15 Sep)(chg 6)
SDM 2-06: OCT 24-28 2005
(Full Class, no more sets, 20 Sep) (chg 7)
SDM 3-06: DEC 5-9 2005
(Full class, no more seats, 14 Sep)(chg 5)
SDM 4-06: JAN 23-27 2006
(Full class, no more seats, 26 Sep) (chg 8)
SDM 5-06: FEB 6-10 2006
(Full class, no more seats,28 Sep) (chg 9)
2. To be eligible the soldier must be an E5 or above or an E4 in a leadership position. Deploying units get priority. This is a train the trainer consequently it is not listed in ATTR’s.
3. To get a seat the unit S3 must request it via email with the soldier’s full name, rank, SSN, MOS, specific unit and unit POC name and phone number. The soldiers unit must fund the TDY.
4. We supply the DM rifle and ammunition, the soldier must bring an Advanced Combat Optical Gunsight (ACOG) that they will use when deploying, however we have a limited number should your soldier need one. The request for the ACOG must be in the email and I will respond whether it is available (first come first served).
5. The recommended items of clothing are: sufficient military uniforms (BDUs) for one week of range firing, Kevlar, LBE, 4 rifle magazines, wet & cold weather gear, prescription glasses and/or contact lenses, ID card, M16 cleaning kit, personnel hygiene items for one week, and civilian clothes.
USAMU Chief of Competitions