EFMP Program Overview
The EFMP is a mandatory enrollment program, based on carefully defined rules. EFMP works with other military and civilian agencies to provide comprehensive and coordinated medical, educational, housing, community support and personnel services to Families with special needs. EFMP enrollment works to ensure that needed services are available at the receiving command. All Soldiers are responsible to update their EFMP status every three years. If a Soldiers allows his EFMP status to expire, it will affect his ability to receive new orders and PCS. A Soldiers EFMP status must be current before new new assignment orders will be issued. The EFMP operates I.A.W. AR 608-75. When a Soldier receives a new assignment to a remote location within the U.S. or a location overseas, the Soldier must have their EFM screened. Overseas Family travel may be delayed (unapproved) until the Family members, who will accompany the Soldier, have been screened for medical and special education conditions.
If you need assistance with EFMP Enrollment, please contact your Battalion SFA.
EFMP Systems Navigator
Systems Navigation is a community support component of the EFMP Systems Navigation that connects Families with Special Needs to the systems of care they need, both on and off the installation.
Systems Navigation also supports the goals of the Army Family Covenant.
You can contact an EFMP Systems Navigator via Email at: email@example.com
An EFMP Systems Navigator is able to help your Family with the following:
- Identify your EFM and Family strengths and needs.
- Help identify and prioritize your EFM and Family goals.
- Develop a Family Service Plan to reach your goals.
- Make referrals to required services.
- Provide information about disabilities or medical conditions of concern.
- Find transportation to appointments related to the Family Service Plan.
- Identify support groups and social activities.
- Strengthen your ability to advocate for your EFM.
Exceptional Family Member Program Newsletter
EFMP Contact Information:
1st, 2nd & Medical Recruiting Brigades
3rd, 5th & 6th Brigades