Streamlined Moral Waiver Process
This process allows Soldiers to apply, with a very limited amount of paperwork, for Moral Wavier approval. If disapproved, the Soldier will be notified and the application process will be ended. If the Moral Waiver request is approved, the Soldier will then be responsible to complete a normal application packet and include a copy of the moral waiver approval memorandum. It will be placed in the same position the moral waiver request memorandum would have been according to the WO Application Checklist.
The entire packet must be submitted within 180 days of the approval of the Moral Waiver.
Interested Soldiers need to fill out and submit the following information:
- Completed DA Form 61 exactly like the sample (including commanders comments in block 41).
- Enlisted Records Brief (ERB)
- All NCOERs
- Request for Moral Waiver Memorandum (exactly like the sample)
- Any supporting documents including court papers, Article 15 paperwork, police records or other items related to the event.
- Those applying for 153A - Rotary Wing Aviator, must also include a copy of their SIFT results score sheet.
The Streamlined Moral Waiver Request should be sent to email@example.com with a subject line of: "Streamlined Moral Waiver Request"
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.