MEPS Interservice Transfer Information
- Applicants completing an inter-service transfer must be given processing priority. Processing will be IAW USAREC MSG 13-004, AR 135-100, and DA Cir 601-99-1.
- In order to process into the Army, applicant must have completed DD214 and Discharge orders from their service.
- Applicants must not have a break in service of more than 24 hours. Example; applicant has orders discharging them from the Navy on Tuesday, must be enlisted into the Army on Wednesday.
- If an applicant has discharge orders stating the applicant will be discharged on a Friday, recruiter must contact the service identified on the orders and get the orders amended to reflect a day that will allow processing on the following day.
- Soldiers are not required to test or physical. Processing will include REQUEST reservation, contracting, swear in, and ship.
- All ACUís and the like are issued at Fort Rucker for inter-service WO transfers.
- The transfer must be aware that his/her leave is temporarily suspended until they are integrated at Fort Rucker for training. Transfers cannot be loaded into the pay system at the MEPS. The transfer should take as little leave as possible before reporting to school; early reporting is recommended to ease the transition.
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.