Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
140E - Air and Missile Defense (AMD) Tactician/Technician
Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on the employment and operations Air & Missile Defense (AMD) systems as a Tactical Control Officer (TCO) at the battery level, Tactical Director (TD) at the battalion level and Air Defense Artillery Fire Control Officer (ADAFCO) at the brigade level. Monitor/Identify aircraft according to established procedures, initiate and monitor engagements of threat aircraft and missiles, and plan/develop air and missile defense designs in support of assigned/contingency missions. Advise the commander on capabilities and limitations of the AMD system. Supervise maintenance of equipment in an AMD unit. Monitor the AMD system and related support equipment to detect, diagnose and repair operator error and/or system malfunctions. Coach, teach, mentor and evaluate Soldiers in AMD system operating tactics, techniques, and procedures, Joint Kill Chain (JKC) functions, maintenance procedures, use and care of special tools and support equipment, and The Army Maintenance Management System (TAMMS). Evaluate the effectiveness of maintenance programs and tactical crew training. Monitor and coordinate installation of modifications of the AMD system. Implement proper safety and security procedures applicable to the operation and maintenance support of the AMD system. Advise the commander on all tactical and technical considerations at all levels.
Note: Any prerequisites not met will require submission of a written prerequisite waiver request to the proponent. No waivers will be granted for E-4 and below or for those prerequisites stated as Non-Waiverable.
- Be a SSG or above with five years TIS and experience in MOS 14E, 14H, 14T, and 94S. (Recruiter, Drill Sergeant and other non-technical duties are not considered field experience)
- Applicants from sister services will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Must possess a minimum of 2 years leadership experience (experience documented on an NCOER) in the feeder MOS. (waivers will be granted on a case by case basis for National Guard/Reserves).
- Must submit copies of ALL NCOERs. The preponderance of your NCOERs must reflect outstanding and exceptional duty performance ratings noted with "among the best" ratings by the Rater and "successful" and "superior" ratings by the Senior Rater.
- Applicants from sister service feeder MOS's will be considered based on qualifications and experience.
- Physical profile of 111121.
- Must be fully deployable, able to meet all physical requirements IAW AR 40-501, be able to take and pass a standard APFT IAW FM-21-20, and meet height/weight standards IAW AR 600-9.
- Written recommendation from a senior warrant officer CW3-CW5 who holds MOS 140E.
- Successful completion of the Patriot Master Gunner Course(T4 ASI).
- Served a minimum of 2 years as a Tactical control Assistant/Tactical Director Assistant and/or System Maintenance NCOIC.
Please contact the proponent POCs below for any questions regarding qualifications. Address all other inquiries to the Warrant Officer Recruiting Branch at firstname.lastname@example.orgPOC: CW4 Jeff Willingham
ADA Proponent Warrant Officer (ATSA-ADA)
Alternate POC: CW5 Chris Wehmeier
ADA Chief Warrant Officer of the Branch