Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
151A - Aviation Maintenance Technician (not rated)
Manages personnel, supply, equipment, and facility assets to maintain and repair Army rotary and fixed wing aircraft. Organizes maintenance elements to inspect, service, test, disassemble, repair, reassemble, adjust, replace parts, and retest aircraft or aircraft components. Prepares, implements, and maintains standing operating procedures for management of maintenance activities. Interprets regulations, technical manuals, and orders pertaining to maintenance of Army aircraft for commanders and subordinates. Supervises aviation equipment maintenance and repair shop, section, or platoon. Directs maintenance and accountability of organizational test equipment, supplies and recovery equipment.
- Be a SGT (E5) or above.
- Hold an MOS in CMF 15 (excluding 15P/Q MOS').
- Must have worked five of the last eight years in CMF 15.
- Be an Advanced Leadership Course (ALC) graduate in a feeder MOS.
- At least one year experience as a section chief or have supervisory experience as defined in DA Pam 611-21.
- Supervisory experience must be documented in NCOER's.
- Less than 12 years AFS on date that DA form 61 is signed.
- Two years of college credit at an accredited institution.
- Hold an Aircraft and Power Plant (A&P) certificate issued by the Federal Aviation Agency (FAA).
Please contact the proponent POCs below for any questions regarding qualifications. Address all other inquiries to the Warrant Officer Recruiting Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org
CW3 Brad R. Cook
Mr. John Kissel
Aviation Proponent Warrant Officer Analyst
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.