Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
351M - Human Intelligence Collection Technician
(Duty Description) Interrogates and debriefs as defined by regulation, the UCMJ, and other applicable regulations and agreements. Conducts and supervises both tactical and strategic interrogation related duties, to include Military Source Operations (MSO). Supervises the technical performance of subordinate military and civilian personnel in related job skills. Develops and approves interrogation plans and missions. Advise the support element on the best employment of HUMINT Collector assets. Coordinates closely with other intelligence and non-intelligence agencies of interrogation and MSO. Writes, reviews, and approves interrogation and Intelligence reports and limited technical intelligence reports.
- Must be a SGT (E-5) or above, trained and serving as a 35M.
- Must have successfully completed Advance Leadership Course (ALC) Phase 1.
- 35M Applicants for MOS 351M must be CAT II (or CAT I) MSO qualified at the time of packet submission.
- Have a minimum of four years 35M experience in at least two assignments.
- Must submit a minimum of three (3) NCOERs reflecting technical, tactical competence and exceptional duty performance ratings as a 35M. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
- Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a SSBI and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
- Enclose a written Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from a Senior 351M (CW3-CW5). If no senior 351M or MI WO is available please contact Proponent for guidance/assistance.
Direct all warrant officer application inquiries to USAREC Warrant Officer Recruiting Special Branch.
Contact the proponent POC below only for questions regarding MI prerequisites and qualifications.
CW5 Brian S. Hansen
MI Warrant Officer Proponent, Fort Huachuca, AZ
DSN: 821.1181 COMM: 520.533.1181
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.