Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
352S - Signals Collection Technician
(Duty Description) Performs as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) and advisor to the Commander in regard to Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) collection, analysis, and exploitation in both strategic and tactical environments. Conducts mission planning, analysis, resource management, and evaluation of tasking in an effort to optimize operational effectiveness. Plans and coordinates the procurement, maintenance, and testing of SIGINT related equipment and software utilized by 35S (Signal Collector/Analyst) personnel. Leads, trains, and mentors enlisted Soldiers in the 35S MOS through the establishment, direction, and evaluation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and Job Qualification Standards (JQS).
• Must be a SGT (E-5)
• Have successfully completed the A-231-0451(Intermediate Communications Signals Analysis Course) or SIGE3810 (Intermediate Technical Electronic Intelligence Analysis Course).
• Must have successfully completed Advance Leadership Course (ALC) Phase 1.
• Have a minimum of four years operational experience in MOS 35S in at least two assignments.
• Must submit a minimum of three (3) NCOERs representative of 35S operational duty with leadership involving the direction, application, and or management of SIGINT assets and/or personnel conducting SIGINT Exploitation duties. It is recommended applicants wait for their most recent finalized NCOER prior to application submission. The most recent NCOER provided cannot exceed 12 months from the date the WO Application is submitted. Applicants WILL submit all NCOERS regardless of duty position or duty MOS for review by the MI WO Proponent and Accession Board.
• Must have a current Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must be currently eligible for access to sensitive compartmentalized information (SCI) prior to acceptance into the WOCS. Applicants requiring periodic reinvestigation (PR) must submit their PR paperwork prior to submitting a WO Accession Application.
• Had a CI Scope Polygraph within 5 years of submission of WO Packet.
• Enclose a written Letter of Recommendation (LoR) from a senior 352S (CW3-CW5). If no senior 352S or MI WO is available please contact Proponent for guidance/assistance.
Direct all warrant officer application inquiries to USAREC Warrant Officer Recruiting Special Branch.
Contact the proponent POC below only for questions regarding MI prerequisites or qualifications.
CW5 Brian S. Hansen
MI Warrant Officer Proponent
DSN: 821.1181 or COMM: 520.533.1181
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.