Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
670A - Health Services Maintenance Technician
Serve as the only single tracked specialty, trained maintenance warrant officer in the AMEDD. Responsible for the maintenance management requirements and execution for both the operational and institutional medical activities. Supervise the technical and tactical performance of biomedical equipment specialist, medical supply specialist, DA civilians and contractors. Lead, coach and train staff in the proper care, use and operator maintenance of medical equipment and medical systems. Provides guidance and technical expertise to commanders and staff on all issues concerning the medical equipment lifecycle.
- Must be an E-5(P) or above. Navy and Air Force must be on the E6 promotion list
- Must hold MOS 68A (Biomedical Equipment Specialist) or equivalent.
- Must have a minimum of 48 months experience as a 68A.
- Must have 6 college level English credits.
- Must have 6 college level Computer Science or Information Technology Credits.
- Recommended 12 months in supervisory position.
- Letter of Recommendation from a senior Health Service Maintenance Technician.
Please see 670A Milper Message 15-107 on how to apply.
Scan completed application packets to:
Please include in the Subject line 'FY15 670A Warrant Officer Application
(LAST NAME, FIRST NAME)'
Please contact the proponent POC below for ALL questions regarding preferred qualifications.
John R. Burgess
CW5, Medical Service Corps
MSC Consultant/Chief Warrant Officer of the Branch
HQ US Army Medical Command
DSN: (312) 471-7078
COMM: (210) 221-7078
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.