Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
740A - Chemical, Biological, Nuclear and Radiological (CBRN) Technician
CBRN Warrant Officers provide in-depth technical expertise in the areas of CBRN defense. Plans, coordinates, and directs CBRN operations and training to include CBRN vulnerability assessment; multi-spectral obscuration; sensitive site exploitation and assessment; CBRN reconnaissance; CBRN decontamination; CBRN force protection; combating Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD) which includes nonproliferation, counterproliferation, consequence management, and identification of Hazardous Materials (HAZMAT) (including Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TIC) and Toxic Industrial Materials (TIM)); and defense support to civil authorities. Plans, employs, and coordinates CBRN systems in support of joint, interagency, intergovernmental, multinational (JIIM), and combined arms operations. Provides a broad base of technical expertise in the area of CBRN modeling, simulations, and hazard prediction. Subject matter expert that provides commanders (battalion through Army command) with recommendations on the full range of CBRN operations and hazards. Plans, recommends, and evaluates CBRN training activities. Plans, recommends, and evaluates the maintenance of CBRN defense systems. Prepare plans for training, operations, supply and maintenance of CBRN units and personnel.
- Be a SSG (E6) or above and graduated from MOS 74D ALC (NOT Waiverable).
- Hold MOS 74D with a minimum of 5 years experience in the MOS. Recruiter, Drill Sergeant and other non-technical duties are not considered MOS experience.
- Base line score of 100 for the ST.
- Must have one year documented Squad Leader experience in a Chemical Squad or one year documented experience as a CBRN NCO at battalion level or higher.
- HAZMAT Certification. All applicants must be HAZMAT Technician certified. A copy of their DoD HAZMAT Technician Certificate issued by the Department of Defense Firefighter Certification System with the attached International Fire Service Accreditation Congress (IFSAC) seal must be included in their WO application packet. This requirement can be waivered with valid justification.
- OPMF Hard Copies (Last 10 years of NCOERS and AERS (1059s) in order newest to oldest. The majority of your NCOERs must reflect outstanding and exceptional duty performance ratings noted with "among the best" ratings by the Rater and "successful" and "superior" ratings by the Senior Rater. Applicant must provide one NCOER as a SSG.
- Soldiers must be fully deployable, able to meet all physical requirements IAW AR 40-501, be able to take and pass an approved APFT IAW FM-21-20 (standard or alternate), and meet height/weight standards IAW AR 600-9. Soldiers may request a waiver to take the Alternate Event APFT for entrance in to Warrant Officer Candidate Program.
- Company Commander Letter of Recommendation (or applicable Company Grade UCMJ authority).
- Battalion Commander Letter of Recommendation (or applicable Field Grade UCMJ authority).
- Have two years in a supervisory position documented by NCOER's.
- Have an Associate’s Degree or greater in a Math/Science/Engineering academic major.
- Reserve Component: One year documented Squad Leader experience in a Chemical Squad or one year documented experience as a CBRN NCO at battalion level or higher.
Please contact the proponent POC below for any questions regarding qualifications. Address all other inquiries to the Warrant Officer Recruiting Branch at firstname.lastname@example.org
US Army Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear School
14030 MSCoE Loop, Suite 1029
Fort Leonard Wood, MO 65473
AC - Comm: 573-563-7376
AR - Comm: 573-563-4026
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.