Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
882A - Mobility Officer
Plan, organize, and supervise the preparation and execution of unit movement and distribution operations. Coordinate deployment and distribution actions with multinational, joint, Army, and commercial agencies. Prepare and validate deployment and redeployment plans, orders, and SOPs. Plan and conduct training in unit movement operations. Plan and supervise the use of TC-AIMS II to document Army deployment, redeployment, and distribution operations. Assist commanders in planning and conducting unit movement operations and operational maneuver.
(These minimum prerequisites will not be waived)
- SSG (E6) or above.
- Completion of all phases of the Advance Leadership Course (Indicated on ERB and provide copy of DA Form 1059).
- Current Secret Security Clearance (Interim clearance are unacceptable).
- Three or more years of documented experience planning and executing deployment and/or distribution operations.
- Must have physical profile of not less than 22221 (to hold MOS).
- Have written recommendation and a review of the applicant’s packet from a senior warrant officer (CW3 or above) in the 882A MOS.
- Soldier will submit all NCOER; other service components will submit all evaluation reports.
- Preponderance of NCOER must reflect Among the Best with minimum overall performance not less than 2 and overall potential not less than 2.
- Must document exceptional MOS and leadership skills.
Minimum prerequisites for 88H and 88M applicants (not waiverable):
- Must meet all the Prerequisites for 88N and include:
- Graduate of the 80 hour Unit Movement Officer Deployment Planning Course (UMODPC) approved by the US Army Transportation School.
- Graduate of 80 hour TC-AIMS II (Functional User) course taught by the US Army Transportation School.
- Letter of Recommendation from a Mobility Officer (CW3 or above.) For Reserve Component applicants, a Letter of Recommendation from a Mobility Officer (CW3 or above) is preferred however, a recommendation from a CW4-CW5 warrant officer of any MOS is acceptable.
Desired additional qualifications for all applicants:
- Current HAZMAT certificate.
- Graduate of the Battle Staff course.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university.
- Joint Operational Planning and Execution System (JOPES)
Mobility Officer WOBC curriculum
Please contact the proponent POC below for any questions regarding qualifications. Address all other inquiries to the Warrant Officer Recruiting Branch at email@example.com
Daniel L. Edwards
Warrant Officer Proponent
Office of the Chief of Transportation (OCOT)
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.