Warrant Officer Prerequisites and Duty Description
890A - Ammunition Warrant Officer
Directs and coordinates the implementation of the following activities: Accountability, receipt, storage, issue, inspection, maintenance and demilitarization of conventional ammunition, components, residue and inert training ammunition devices. Investigates and reports conventional ammunition accidents, failures, or malfunctions. Supervises and manages the Standard Army Ammunition System (SAAS) at all levels. Prepares and/or reviews ammunition storage waivers. Prepares, reviews and /or implements the following operational plans in ammunition storage areas; Firefighting, emergency destruction, physical security, explosive safety and transportation flow. Performs other company grade officer level duties as required/essential to the unit mission. The Ammunition Warrant Officer is a self-aware and adaptive technical expert, combat leader, trainer and advisor.
- SGT (E-5) or above.
- Minimum of five years on-the-job experience in feeder MOS validated by NCOERs
- ALC Graduate from feeder MOS documented on ERB with all DA Form 1059s provided in the application
Rater’s bullet comments reflecting excellent content not necessarily blocks in:
- MOS competency and technical ability must be clearly stated on the NCOER
- Supervisory capacity (leadership) in MOS by position or assignments
- Bullets must identify that the NCO has knowledge and experience in operating the Standard Army Ammunition Systems- Modernized (SAAS-MOD), experience in the handling, disposition and accounting of Ammunition
- Ability to lead and perform at a higher level in a stressful demanding environment
- Proficiency and ability to manage processes related to MOS
Senior Rater's bullet comments reflecting:
- Exceptional promotion potential
- Capacity to serve in assignments or positions of increased supervisory responsibility
Letters of Recommendation (LOR’s): LOR must be from a Senior Warrant Officer (CW4-CW5) holding MOS being applied for. The LOR must come from a Senior Warrant Officer within your immediate organization or your chain of command. If a Senior Warrant Officer in not assigned to your immediate chain of command:
- Active Component contact the Personnel Development Officer POCs below to assist with contacting a Senior Warrant Officer holding the feeder MOS to facilitate the required interview.
- Reserve Components contact the assigned Command Chief Warrant Officer (CCWO) in your chain of command. They can write the LOR or assist with contacting a Senior Warrant Officer holding the feeder MOS to facilitate the required interview.
*OJE Experience defined: Specific (operations/logistic support) experience includes any position involving direct contact with equipment/commodity/electronics/ repair, retail or wholesale munitions operations and/or munitions management.
Reserve Components civilian experience related to their MOS will be taken into consideration. Evaluation reports documenting experience must describe specific MOS related positions, duties, and responsibilities performed and must be commensurate with the rank of the soldier.
NOTE: Applicants must submit a separate waiver request for each prerequisite not met. Waiver requests must provide rationale to why the waiver should be granted. No waivers will be granted for E-4 and below.
Please contact the proponent POCs below for any questions regarding qualifications. Address all other inquiries to the Warrant Officer Recruiting Branch at email@example.comPOC: CW4 John J. Shappell Jr. (Active Component)
POC: CW5 Raymond A. Wolf Jr. (Reserve Components)
POC: CW4 Jimmy Polk (Army National Guard)
The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the United States Army Recruiting Command (USAREC) does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site.