1. Welcome to the 5th Medical Recruiting Battalion. The below information is to assist recruiters and staff in the area of administration to include in-processing and out-processing. My goal is to make your transition to 5th MRB seamless.
2. You will receive a welcome packet via e-mail and/or mail assigning a sponsor. If you he/she does not make contact or if you have other issues or concerns, please do not hesitate to call; (210) 295-0805, 888-571-3831.
3. Discuss with your sponsor when you will travel to FT Sam Houston to in process. Once you know the date call the S1, Administrative Assistant, at 210-295-0811. They will schedule an appointment at the FT Sam Houston In-processing Center. There is paperwork you need for your appointment so, upon your arrival you must first stop by the Battalion Headquarters. Directions to the unit and a map of FT Sam Houston are included in the packet.
4. The following is a list of documents that you are required to furnish upon your arrival to HQ's:
- PCS Orders
- DA 31(Original Request and Authority for Leave )
- Divorce Decree if divorced, single parent, with dependents
- DA Form 348 (Equipment Operator’s Qualification Record; if applicable)
- Civilian drivers license (copy, front & back)
- Medical, dental & immunization records
- Copy of your last OER/ORB or NCOER/ERB
- Copy of current Leave and Earning Statement
- Copy of current DD93 and SGLV 8286
- Training Records and APFT Card
5. The following is a list of documents that are in the packet to be filled out prior to in-processing:
- DA Form 647-1, Personnel Register
- USAAC Form 101, Information System Access Request (please fill out and return immediately, scan/email to site webmaster or fax 210-295-0506 so that your computer is ready upon your arrival)
- DA 5960 (Authorization for BAQ/VHA)
- DD Form 1351-2 (Travel Voucher) & Temporary Lodging Expense Payment Claim (make sure dates match with lodging receipts on all forms)
- Family Care Plan if dual military/single soldier (See Family Care Plan Checklist)
- 5th Medical Recruiting Battalion Directory Information
- Sponsorship Program Survey
- Defense Travel System (DTS) Profile Sheet
- Government Travel Card Statement of Understanding
- Commander’s Policy #19; Alcohol and Drug Abuse Prevention and Control Program
- USAREC Form 1124; Statement of Understanding of Army Substances Abuse Program
- Commander’s Policy #11; Government Telephone Usage
- Acknowledgement of Understanding Telephone Usage Policy
- Newcomers Safety and Occupational Health Briefing
Once again, welcome to the 5th Medical Recruiting Battalion.
5th Medical Recruiting Battalion